Content (Contenido)

When Going through Burnout

Main Fundamental Scripture: Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (kjv)

  • Q: Are you working hard and feeling burned out? A: Come to Jesus, He will give you rest!
  • Q: Don't know what taking Jesus's yoke means? A: Yoke means together, join yourself to Jesus, let Him lead your life and your decisions. Let Him be your spiritual and life compass. 
  • Q: Don't know what type of learning mechanisms Jesus is referring to? A: His Word. The Bible.
  • Q: Want to know Jesus's characteristics? A: Jesus is meek and lowly in heart. 
  • Q: Benefits of having Jesus and doing things His way? A: You will find rest unto your soul & easy yoked relationship with Him, burdens are lighter than what you can ever give to yourself.

Now that I broke that down into a Q&A section, I wanted you to understand something. Scripture was never meant to be interpreted based on what we think is right, but we have the gift of His Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit gives messages aligned with God's scriptures. God will never contradict His own Word or decide to change His Word or try to say "YES" one day and "NO" the next. Ensure to understand that because that's extremely important. Especially when I refer back to the scriptures a lot in my teachings, writings, blog posts, etc (life overall). 

Life overall has its teachings and lessons to teach us. Correct! But Jesus gives a lighter load of teachings and learning paths/mechanisms to help our lives improve. Not only that, it benefits our spiritual conditions and eternal life with Him. Jesus is not to go to as a merchandising machine, but as the King of kings and Lord of lords. He's who He says He is and He never changes. I remember attending a Christian church and falling in love with Him. Of course, when I was a child, I was taught the things of the Lord. But the point is, coming from where I grew up at some point, a part of me felt the love of God toward His church. I guess that's a work of being nurtured in His teachings. That's one example of His yoke: falling in love with the things God loves. 

When going through burnout, remember that Jesus understands exactly what you're going through. I do too! Growing up, I was the type to want to do a lot. Especially during my High school seasons. I wanted to join so many extracurricular activities all at once but "....many plans can be in our hearts, but God's word will stand (proverbs 19:21)," I ended up having to drop some activities and sticking to one. Also, as an adult, I had a season where I wanted to do literally everything and God had to stop me, teach me, and let me know that that's not the right way of doing things. I wasn't created to do every single work out there. I wasn't created to be in every role in life. I was created for the plans God had preordained for my life. 

God has a purpose even when we make small mistakes like that. He stops us because He knows the amount of chaos it could create in our lives, our families, and our Christian communities too. I had to learn this the hard way. When your body is experiencing tiredness, learn to let it rest. When your parents tell you to go to sleep at a certain time, learn to let yourself rest. When your spouse tells you to go to sleep at a certain time, learn to rest. When your grandma, grandpa, foster parent, or guardian tells you to go to sleep at a certain time, learn to rest. Life consists of resting moments. When God leads you to take a break and rest: "learn to rest." 

Burnout can affect your physical health, emotional well-being, psychological well-being, and spiritual health. If we aren't taking care of every area of our well-being, it will show. It will show because God purposed us to take good care of our health. Despite a scripture stating that "bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness leads to great gain" (1 Timothy 4:8), it doesn't mean that we quit on taking care of our rightful means to wellbeing. Burnout is a tik-tok alarm letting you know that it's time to take a break. Learn to listen to your overall needs and take that break! 

Here's a list of things you can do if you're suffering from burnout=

-Take a vacation. 

-Turn off your phone device. 

-Read the Bible more (not study it a lot since much study is a weariness to your body: Ecclesiastes 12:12).

-Have a lifestyle routine that works for you. 

-Manage your time, finances, and behavioral qualities the right way.

-Listen to worship music. Instrumental tunes too. 

-Do things that cause you to relax more than actually stress out. 

-Eat good, balanced meals. 

-Take breaks. 

-Healthy extracurricular activities. 


God bless you! Have a nice day!








Comments